Mandira Banerjea, Staff Writer
Google optimization infers optimization of web pages for it to gain a higher search engine ranking. This can be achieved by optimizing the visible portions of the page and by working on the code, i.e., the invisible segments of a web page. The on-page optimization can be incorporated directly on the HTML file, and this task is assigned to SEO experts who make the pages more relevant for search engines. It is also equally important to optimize the off-page as this is the key to search engine optimization success by gaining innumerable inbound links for the overall ranking.
Keyword phrase or word associated with the website ensures that search engines like Google are able to identify a website through Google optimization. The higher the quality of keywords and the level of consistency better is the ranking in search engine results’ page. This influences the potential targeted audience of a website. Factors to be considered while selecting a website’s keyword are the number of people searching for that particular term, traffic characteristics and the expected rate of conversion. By including images and Alt Tags to correlate with website content and keywords help in the Google optimization process. On-page optimization is dependent on linking and creation of a proper site map.
Another important aspect of Google optimization on-page optimization is coding. The usage of minimum code on a web page facilitates the “spider” in indexing the website. This suggests that clearing as many codes as possible from a web page is beneficial for on-page optimization. Loading time is another important point to be considered as this factor, too, has a big impact on page ranking. Important points that have to be taken note by Google optimization on page optimization are:
- Ensuring that website pages have unique as well as compelling keyword title tag.
- Ensuring the use of as many key phrase links as possible for internal linking and creation of a good site map.
- Ensuring that Alt Tags are accurately worded, which describes the images appropriately.
- Ensuring that site navigation does not use Java Script and Flash in the program coding since search engines have the problem of reading such a script.
- Ensuring that internal links are descriptive enough.
- Ensuring that site content is written in text and not placed as an image.
- Ensuring that robot .txt file is available and configured accurately.
- Avoiding the use of too long URL queries.
Do not contaminate the content. The point that clients’ should remember is that, however tempted they might be, they should not cover a secondary subject on the same page. This reduces the relevancy of the page when someone searches for any specific core content. Let Google do their job of bringing the best information to the results’ page. It is up to Google to evolve rules to bring a client’s to its rightful place in their search rankings. Thus, a site dedicated to the subject web user searches for will always be rated better than a site covering a wide range of information.
The off-page optimization techniques approved by Google optimization include inbound linking, click density, article and directory submission. Some factors to be considered are:
- Relevancy of the content and the nature of the site being linked.
- The page rank of the site being linked to.
- The Keyword relevancy in the site.
Including a concise and professional HTML Meta tag description helps in the click density as this provides the summary of information displayed by Google optimization in most of the search engine results. This technique in off-page optimization involves posting articles, which are relevant to website’s content, article directories, blogs and forums. Manual directory submission is another extremely effective way of optimizing off-pages approved by Google optimization. A lot of traffic can be attained by this method, which enhances the popularity of a website.