Search engine optimization is the process that assists in ranking the client’s website in search engines. Search engine marketing is a focused program wherein the leading search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing, etc., drive high quality web traffic to any website. There are several factors to ensure that the site enjoys authority with search engines for improved ranking. It depends on the arrangement of links to a domain as well as correct keyword placement and its frequency density. Making the site search engine friendly through the evaluation of on-site analysis highlights a website’s strengths and weaknesses of the structure and layout.
To avail of SEO facility for attaining more exposure and web traffic, the website needs to follow the suggestions offered :
- Keyword research – This is believed to be the prime factor in optimizing a client’s website in search engines. It has to be ensured that the keyword density of the page and site topic is maintained. Generally, only 5% of keywords should be used per page. .
- Using keywords in the domain name – The main targeted keywords which describe the theme of the content should be incorporated in the domain name as this guarantees a better and higher ranking in search engines.
- Utilizing the keyword in the title and page file name – If the prime keywords that gels with web traffic, is used in the page Title and page file names then there is a higher scope of enhanced website ranking. The keywords placed in the title are important to ensure that the topic is comprehended by Google. This is related to the “click through” rates in search results. Using resourceful titles and topics on the site brings in more web traffic.
- Using the keyword in description – When the targeted keywords in the web page describes the entire content then the chances of ranking the website in search engines increases. While laying out the site’s content, the content flow should be created in a manner that highlights the heading tags. The most prominent heading tag is the one which aptly informs what the content is all about.
- Content – Another important tool in search engine marketing strategy. It is extremely vital that the readers find the content worth viewing. As robots appreciate fresh content, updating website frequently with fresh relevant content attracts search “spiders” and helps in positioning the website in search engine results page.
- Incoming links – Without incoming links the site is not going to be illustrated in search engines results page. The greater the number of links in the website the chances of it being crawled increases. It is also important to guarantee that there are proper anchor texts for the incoming links. Link popularity is an important factor in boosting a website’s position in search engines..
- Internal linking – The internal linking helps robots and web visitors to locate the web content. With passage of time the inbound links would grow and help the website to achieve higher ranking in search engines.
- Site maps – To help search engines locate web content, it is important to create and maintain site map for all the pages in the website. Simply naming it as sitemap.xml assures that the search robot would effectively locate the file.
- URL structure – the URL structure should complement the content of the corresponding pages in the website.
- Alt image tags – All the images in the web content could be optimized by adding alt image tags. The search engine robot reads the alt tag images for describing the keywords.
These techniques, if applied appropriately, results in successful marketing of a site through natural search.