Landing page optimization leads to a generation of a copy that converts. It a process of writing specific page content around groups of relevant and topically focused keywords. The objective of landing page optimization is to create pages that hold and retains the attention of targeted audience. The landing page types should have the minimum unrelated navigation and incorporates all behavioral targeting techniques to drive traffic. It presents the web visitors with catchy contents where the keyword relevant text generates higher and better quality traffic. This technique also correlates ad text with landing pages. It works as a platform bridging the gap among the marketing message that attracts visitors and the website functionality that should be lucrative enough to allow site users to make purchases or submit leads.
Landing pages should trigger action in the minds of web users and plays a vital role when it comes to multi-channel sales strategy. Web visitors are attracted to a site through various on-line channels like pay-per-click campaigns, organic search, e-mail offers and print ads, etc. Such targeted landing pages, with keyword search terms, appear extremely relevant to visitors who have come through a specific search engine query. This page optimization thus leads to more conversions since the optimized content speaks the language of the searchers. This factor minimizes the “bouncer affect” which infers that web visitor hits the site but is dissatisfied with the text and returns to the search engine page. Customized landing page reduces such occurrences.
Creative an attractive relevant landing page is not difficult. Initially, the web owner has to select the type of page for a particular campaign. The following guidelines determine the best landing page content and are more aligned to the searchers requirements.
- For a visual appeal includes an image with the offer.
- Minimize navigation to ensure visitors are focused and not distracted.
- Maintain the look-and-feel of the original website to enable consumers to recognize instantly the brand name.
- Implement a compelling and tactical “call-to-action” line as a competitive marketing policy.
- Minimize data collection and keep the additional information in subsequent pages so that potential customers do not bail out.
- Include security statement to highlight the “trust” factor whenever personal information is required.
- For astute messaging use keywords that are tightly focused cluster groups as keyword relevant content leads to higher visibility and voluminous traffic.
- Keyword specific Adwords landing pages achieve better quality scores and higher conversion rate.
Landing pages normally functions as a lead generation site and typically focuses on a single yet specific goal. Their objective is to ensure that the customers / recipients respond. The landing page should include the URLs in the hyper link of the message on the referral channel. Marketers can directly use A / B Splitting Test to discern which competing ad or sales work best. Using the more sophisticated Multivariate Testing helps the website clients to determine exactly the following elements like headlines, copies, images and “calls-to-action” that work best in convincing visitors to their website. Beside these two techniques (A / B Splitting Testing and Multivariate Testing), using the behavioral tool also customizes the landing page. The latter tool decides if the web visitor is new or old client, their timing of the day or week and other such behavioral traits.
As landing pages are an important component in a web marketer’s tool box, trying the techniques outlined herein help in optimizing the landing pages to increase the productivity of the site by generating more sales at lower cost.