Keyword research helps the website owners to discover and develop untapped market niche. They gain inspiration from accurate application of keywords while launching new products and create compelling content that differentiates their site from run-of-the-mill websites. Keyword research is the process of locating words and phrases that potential customers use on-line. Keyword research also suggests the categories that need to be developed and gauge their importance.
Search engine keyword research allows the web client to be aware of people’s mind to ensure that their on-line business would have a targeted audience. The ability to ascertain the words and phrases people use is invaluable for a web client. Instead of merely speculating on what people might search for, keyword research observes the search terms most prolifically utilized by web users. As soon as the business organization is aware of the keywords relevant to their niche, they have the unique ability of creating and redesigning a highly relevant web content that assists the site visitors as well as enhances their credibility. This process is facilitated as the web owner is speaking the language of the web users and is catering to their specific requirements.
Using keywords with high search volume and low level of competition brings search marketers instant profit. Finding such money making keywords quickly and easily, while executing them effectively, has revealed how on-line marketers make profits speedily. The new keyword competition metrics usually point to the number of searchers and their search volume. The two exciting metrics are :
- In Anchor and Title (IAAT) that measures the level of serious competition for each keyword.
- Keyword Effectiveness Index (KEI) calculated with a new formula that locates the keyword most likely to give the web owner good return on investment (ROI). KEI is based on both the number of searches (popularity) for a keyword and the level of competition for the same.
Once the web owner has successfully honed in on potential and profitable keywords, it is beneficial to use Keyword Effectiveness Index for a high search volume and competition ratio. This method helps in locating the money making keywords which attract a wider clientele and relates to expanding business wherein the web client can offer exactly what the on-line customer wants. Identifying the right keyword is the primary tool in ranking well in search engines as it ensures that the website content would be promoted strategically. The five essential elements to cover when undertaking keyword research are :
- Research tools – The research tools covers almost all aspects of keyword research. Search engine algorithms have evolved a tool which knows what others think about the content and words they use are described in inbound links that has a stamp of quality and relevance.
- Be specific – As keyword is usually added randomly in a text, it is best to use keyword phrases. It would be more appropriate to use specific keyword phrases based on geography and specialty product or services. This yields a more targeted audience, similarly usage of synonyms also helps.
- Number of hits and their strength – It is beneficial if web owner pays attention to the relative popularity of the search term which is revealed by the monthly search results of a particular research tool.
- Highly relevant search terms – Ensuring that search terms are relevant as the objective is to make the on-line customers buy their product or service.
- Develop a resource – This is the primary factor to be considered when contemplating whether a particular keyword phrase supports the content development and provides valuable resources for readers.