Search engine optimization deals in preparing keyword rich sites that appeal to web traffic. On the landing page the 5 major keywords are displayed under separate columns. The next batch of 30 alternative keywords can be subdivided into five groups and displayed in columns. The site owner should attempt to make each group contain words that are as close as possible thematically to the main keyword. The point to ponder over is inserting the five major keywords in five different pages. This strategy is followed in order to ensure that the page appears natural to search engines and allow web audiences to relate to them. Stuffing too many keywords on one page does not create the right impact and often does not yield the desired result.
Hence, it is recommended to create five landing pages in the initial stage in order to acquire substantial volume of traffic. As soon as the pages have been optimized in the both on and off pages, more keywords can be added and those pages can be subsequently optimized. The methodology of supplementing the page numbers gradually would make the SEO efforts more natural both to search engines as well as web visitors. With increasing page numbers the volume of expected traffic is naturally enhanced. In this context, it is advisable to create five landing pages containing five groups of keywords where on each page there would be one major and few supplementary keywords.
The five essential elements to cover when picking keywords are :
- Research tools – The research tools including Google keyword tool and Aaron Wall’s SEO book (Keyword Suggestion Tool) covers almost all aspects of keyword research. Keyword Discovery and Word Tracker are paid tools and many believe they function better since search engines normally do not include search advertising. Search engine algorithms have evolved a tool which knows what others think about the content and words they use are described in inbound links that has a stamp of quality and relevance.
- Be specific – As keyword is usually added randomly in a text, it is best to use keyword phrases. Actually a web owner selling a product or service gains little from highly ranking single keyword. It would be more appropriate to use specific keyword phrases based on geography and specialty product or services. This yields a more targeted audience, similarly usage of synonyms also helps.
- Number of hits and their strength – It is beneficial if web owner pays attention to the relative popularity of the search term which is revealed by the monthly search results of a particular research tool. The web owner has to be sure people use that particular phrase when thinking about the niche market they are targeting especially if this primary search term describes the overall website. Being realistic also helps as a web owner tries to secure a leading position in a highly competitive sector. They should aim for something attainable initially and then go for keyword combination if the more competitive search term does not yield the desired result.
- Highly relevant search terms – Ensuring that search terms that are being considered are extremely relevant when it comes to attaining the ultimate objective of any web owner. If the web client is a service provider or selling specific products, it becomes easier to determine keyword relevancy as the objective is to make the on-line customers buy their product or service. But at times, more careful consideration is necessary in context of subscription, contribution and content publication.
- Develop a resource – This is the primary factor to be considered when contemplating whether a particular keyword phrase supports the content development and provides valuable resources for readers. It should satisfy the basic requirements of web visitors and behave like the preliminary stage in the sales or action cycle that is worth linking to.