Staff Writer: Brjden Crewe
Not until recently, has the amount of links to a website played a role in the determination of it’s ranking in search results. Website and business owners would invest in Search Engine Optimization or SEO to gain rankings on the first page of search engines such as Google which many times ignoring social media completely. However over recent years, Google has made a number of changes to their ranking standards. First, they increased how important implementing social signals into its search engine algorithms were.
With the growth of Los Angeles web design and social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, etc., these new standards are not a surprise. This is a great way to determine the natural relevance in search instead of Googlebots which scan posts, tweets, etc. from internet users online.
In February 2011, an algorithm update included the Google Panda updates focusing on the quality of content in marketing that website owners publish. The Penguin Update in April 2012 addressed the link building techniques deemed unethical. These have resulted in SEO company California experts and the SEO community to restructure many factors which included the importance of social signals that impact rankings.
Social signals are the number of likes, tweets, or +1s a website or page receives. Marketing professionals believe when a site or landing page gets a high level of these, Google places more trust in the platform, ranking it higher. SEO professionals also suggest that social signals are increasingly replacing links as important factors with Google’s ranking algorithm. And soon, social signals over time will be the standard moving forward. Over the next 10 years, it’s believed that they will have a huge significance over search.
Using Social Media with Your SEO Strategy
To incorporate social signals into your SEO strategy, there are many measures you can take. These tips will help you understand how you can successfully create a social SEO Strategy:
• Creating interesting, original content that engages the reader to click on and share
• Encourage and inspire readers to comments on your site
• Inspire interaction on your blogs and social networking websites
• Use share buttons and social bookmarking on your webpages
• Set up Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Google+ account pages for your business
• Frequently publish content like optimized blogs to social media outlets
• Create a branded video campaign in the hope of it going viral
• Ask employees and others to share, like and re-tweet the content you publish on your social networking sites
• Create and build strong online relationships and connections with social media users
The Last Word
The overall achievement you look to make is to strike a balance. With social signals being more important than ever, it’s very probable that their importance will continue to increase over the next few years, so you will need to get the basic elements of SEO prepared and corrected by providing original, unique, high-quality content in order to optimize your website effectively. As far as the terms of your content marketing strategy, using a combination of SEO and Social Signals will give you the best opportunity for future success with your business and internet presence.