Search engine optimization is the process that assists in ranking the client’s website in search engines. To avail of SEO facility for attaining more exposure and web traffic, the website needs to follow the suggestions offered by the SEO services :
1) Keyword research – This is believed to be the prime factor in optimizing a client’s website in search engines. It has to be ensured that the keyword density of the page and site topic is maintained. Generally, only 5% of keywords should be used per page. Emphasis has to be placed on the content and relevancy to entail that it is a quality copy.
2) Using keywords in the domain name – The main targeted keywords which describe the theme of the content should be incorporated in the domain name as this guarantees a better and higher ranking in search engines.
3) Utilizing the keyword in the title and page file name – If the prime keywords that gels with web traffic, is used in the page Title and page file names then there is a higher scope of enhanced website ranking. The keywords placed in the title are important to ensure that the topic is comprehended by Google. One of the premier factors governing ranking is to determine whether the title is “on topic” with the search results. This is important as robots only index those page topics which they understand. This is related to the “click through” rates in search results. Using resourceful titles and topics on the site brings in more web traffic.
4) Using the keyword in description – When the targeted keywords in the web page describes the entire content then the chances of ranking the website in search engines increases. While laying out the site’s content, the content flow should be created in a manner that highlights the heading tags. The most prominent heading tag is the one which aptly informs what the content is all about. It is suggested to have one or two header-1 tag per page. Meta tags also help in directing the web visitors who are interested enough to click.
5) Content – Another important tool in search engine marketing strategy. It is extremely vital that the readers find the content worth viewing. Without laying emphasis on this feature, the effort becomes useless as web users should be given sufficient reason to view the client’s website. As robots appreciate fresh content, updating website frequently with fresh relevant content attracts search “spiders” and helps in positioning the website in search engine results page.
6) Incoming links – Without incoming links the site is not going to be illustrated in search engines results page. The greater the number of links in the website the chances of it being crawled increases. It is also important to guarantee that there are proper anchor texts for the incoming links. The simplest way of attaining quality links to a site from another website is to get linked to partner sites and to inform the websites about being linked to them. This also enhances the prospect of reciprocal links. However, there is a necessity to have content that is worth linking. Link popularity is an important factor in boosting a website’s position in search engines. It is defined as a total number of incoming links to a website in terms of a particular page or domain.
7) Internal linking – The internal linking helps robots and web visitors to locate the web content. Writing relevant content effectively informs the robots what they or readers can expect in the following pages. With passage of time the inbound links would grow and help the website to achieve higher ranking in search engines.
8) Site maps – To help search engines locate web content, it is important to create and maintain site map for all the pages in the website. This assists the search robots to find all the pages in the site and index each one individually. Simply naming it as sitemap.xml assures that the search robot would effectively locate the file.
9) URL structure – the URL structure should complement the content of the corresponding pages in the website. There are various techniques to make this tool work.
10) Alt image tags – All the images in the web content could be optimized by adding alt image tags. The search engine robot reads the alt tag images and this tool assists in targeting the keywords which describe the images to robots. It is, therefore, important to use alt image tags while describing keywords.