Mandira Banerjea, Staff Writer
The role of expert search engine optimization is to improve the quality, quantity, clarity and value of readily accessed web content in order to enable the search engines to select worthy sites on the based on their proprietary relevancy indices. The appropriateness of ranking by search engines is determined by expert search engine optimization techniques, which create relevant topic oriented sites that provide accurate information in a clear and easy-to-access mode. Such methodology precludes the usage of spam techniques, which artificially inflates the perceived relevancy of poor quality sites.
It is a well known fact that expert search engine optimization practitioners use diverse technologies and methodologies. From an ethics standpoint, it is irrelevant whether one uses cloaking, doorway, hallway, site maps or shadow pages to optimize the site as long as the products are endorsing the code of ethics. Search engine acceptance depends on meeting such codes plus SEO standards, which should be unique and appropriate for each search engine. In general whenever the actions are in compliance with the code of ethics and are accepted by search engines, then these sites would be ranked by search engine algorithms. Nowadays, as every aspect evolves and keeps changing it is prudent to focus on “honest page” search engine optimization than wasting time and effort on sites that would soon be abandoned.
Certain guidelines offered by expert search engine optimization professionals are:
- Keywords should be relevant, applicable and complement the page content.
- The keywords used in the text should be accepted by search engines inclusive of their placement and color, etc.
- Keyword “stuffing” should be avoided on any page.
- If a re-direction feature is used, it should improve and enhance user experience. Re-direction technology, whenever used, must display a page where the body content contains appropriate keywords. It should not also alter the URL, affect the browser’s “back button” or display page information that is not the property of the site owner.
- Frequent submission of web pages to search engines should be avoided. In general, modification or adding content is good as it improves user experience.
Keywords are essential for on-line marketing success as this is the most important element while advertising on the Net. Its role cannot be overemphasized to webmasters and marketers about choosing the right profitable keyword that largely determines the clients’ success in the on-line endeavor. The valuable keywords are ones that convert into sales, provide a lead or potential customer for the company’s product. The profitable keywords spell success for on-line marketing. For serious keyword research in a particular niche market Brad Callen’s Keyword Elite is professionally designed software that makes keyword research easier. Another handy free keyword tool is Google AdWords external suggestion tool that helps in the location of valuable keywords. To find out the commercial intent of keywords using the MSN “Detection On-Line Commercial Intention” gives the user a 100% probability that indicates whether the keyword query has commercial benefit or intent. One should target long tail keywords that turn into sales and build high ranking in organic search.
Unfortunately, with changing algorithms, sites are lowered in their search engine ranking position. Whenever competing SEO firms successfully discover new tricks, the site ranking may fall. It has also come to the notice that when a client site uploads the modified pages or changes server technology, site ranking drops. The four main page centric SEO processes conducted by expert search engine optimization professionals are:
- Revision or editing client site pages.
- Man-made pages which are keyword intensive and presents authentic site pages.
- Machine-made pages where page content is derived from another site’s content based on keywords and compiled by software tools.