Mandira Banerjea, Staff Writer
The role of website marketing SEO is to improve the quality, quantity, clarity and value of readily accessed content to enable search engines select worthy sites on the basis of their proprietary relevancy indices. The appropriateness of ranking by search engines is determined by website marketing SEO techniques which create relevant topic oriented sites that provide accurate information in a clear and easy-to-access mode. Such methodology precludes usage of spam techniques which artificially inflates the perceived relevancy of poor quality sites. Pages that are informative and contribute to the content usability and facilitate “spidering” of the site by “crawlers” are rewarded.
The client’s purchase of featured listings would proceed more smoothly if:
- Title of each listing is 30 characters or fewer including spaces.
- A description is prepared for each listing that is 100 characters or fewer including spaces.
- Reviewing keyword tips and guidelines provided by the search engines prior to completing keyword selection.
- Using Word Tracker Keyword suggestion Tool for determining general search popularity of the client’s keyword term.
Search engine acceptance depends on meeting website marketing SEO standards. In general whenever the actions are in compliance with the code of ethics and are accepted by search engines, then these sites would be ranked by search engine algorithms. Nowadays, as every aspect evolves and keeps changing it is prudent to focus on “honest page” search engine optimization than wasting time and effort on sites that would soon be abandoned.
Certain guidelines offered by website marketing SEO are:
- Keywords should be relevant, applicable and complement the page content.
- The keywords used in the text should be accepted by search engines inclusive of their placement and color, etc.
- Keyword “stuffing” should be avoided on any page.
- If re-direction feature is used, it should improve and enhance user experience. Re-direction technology, whenever used, must display a page where the body content contains appropriate keywords. It should not also alter the URL, affect the browser’s “back button” or display page information that is not the property of site owner.
- Frequent submission of web pages to search engines should be avoided. In general, modification or adding content is good as it improves user experience.
The four main page centric processes used by website marketing SEO are:
- Revision or editing client site pages frequently.
- Man-made pages which are keyword intensive and presents authentic site pages.
- Machine-made pages where page content is derived from other site content based on keywords and compiled by software tools.
Other quality guidelines suggested covers not using hidden texts or hidden links, avoiding cloaking, not sending automated queries to search engines, not to load web pages with irrelevant keywords and refraining from creating multiple pages, sub domains or domains with duplicate content. Other website marketing SEO suggestions are classified under design and web content guidelines, technical guidelines and quality guidelines.