Keyword density, a SEO term, is defined as the percentage of times a keyword or phrase is found in the page content. An example being : If the client’s web page of 100 words, including headlines, caption, alt text and advertising have keyword about three times on the page then, this would indicate that the keyword density of that particular page is 3%. Though it is possible to count the keyword phrases manually in context of the body content, but to make this task easier and quicker, numerous Keyword Analyzer Tools yielding more accurate results are used.
Many web owners create web content with high keyword density and then distribute the phrases in their text with a lot of navigation, ads and images resulting in the actual density being substantially reduced. Though there are no set rules about exactly what the keyword density should be, it has been recommended that for a web page the keyword density should be 5% or less. If the density of keyword is too little, the web page would not be able to explain to search engines about the subject matter while keyword stuffing would indicate that the text is Spam and would not readable by web users.
There are numerous tools for analyzing keyword density. One of the most used tools is SEO Quake. This tool evaluates keyword density, being a plug-in for Firefox and Internet Explorer, provides more details than mere specifics on keyword density. It is quick and simple to download and, since it is a browser plug-in, it reveals 1 2 3 and 4 keyword phrases along with their density. Similarly, Keyword Density Analyzer is a powerful tool which, like the previous tool, provides more information than keyword density. It shows the location of keywords.
This permits web owners to initiate immediate changes in their text to improve the search engine ranking. The tool has a page limit of 30K. GoRank keyword density analyzer provides information on the location of the keyword phrase in the content. In the event of keywords being multi-phrased, the tool breaks the phrase and informs web client about the specific density of each word.
Other keyword density tools include :
- Keyword Density Analyzer Tool – SEO Book : This tool is free and generally picks those words that are ignored by most search engines. The tool also uses a default list as well as enables web owners to know about the length of a word and the number of times it should appear in the text for the website to be crawled by search engines.
- Keyword Density Analyzer – Motorierca : Allows web clients to use their own list of stock words or utilize their default list. It also displays 1 2 3 word phrases and their individual density.
- Keyword Density – SEO Chat : Specifies the length of the keyword phrase which is most effective for the content. Only restriction being it is capable of analyzing up to 3 word phrases.
- Keyword Density Analyzer –.keyword density.com: Locates the phrase that is being targeted, the density of that particular phrase and reveals the phrases having higher ranking.
- Webjectives Keyword Density Analyzer : Displays the “weighted” density and provides the exact location of the keyword phrase.